Sports Premium is awarded to schools from the ESFA to increase participation in sports.
The Government has doubled the sport premium grant for the academic year 2017-18 and schools are expected to use the funding to show additional and sustainable improvement in the following areas:
1) The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2) The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4) Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5) Increased participation in competitive sport
Please find below links to documents explaining how we are using the money at Salmestone.