Sports Premium is awarded to schools from the ESFA to increase participation in sports.
The Government has doubled the sport premium grant for the academic year 2017-18 and schools are expected to use the funding to show additional and sustainable improvement in the following areas:
1) The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity –
kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2) The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4) Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5) Increased participation in competitive sport
Please find below links to documents explaining how we are using the money at Salmestone.
Sports Premium Document 2022-23
Sports Premium Document 2021-22